Saturday, November 06, 2010

My family, Cannons, & Jordin Sparks

My family came out to visit last weekend and it was so good to see their faces.  We did lots of fun things together...one of which was visiting the battlefields.  If you didn't know, we live only a few miles from the place where the Battle of Bull Run (1 & 2) was fought. Given the fact that Jared and I are history nerds and we only live a few miles away...AND it only cost $3 to visit, I am surprised we hadn't been there yet. But now we can check it off the list. Not only is it a cool historical spot, it also is really pretty and a great place to take pictures....especially with all the fall colors and fallen leaves. So, we had a little impromptu family photoshoot for the Christmas card. We also went for a little hike, climbed all over the cannons (which we later learned is prohibited) and I attempted to teach my 6 year old brother what the Civil War was about. FYI...since living here we've learned that in the south they call these battles the "Battles of Manassas" and they call the Civil War "The War of Northern Aggression." Interesting. Here are some of my favorite shots of the day.



 Speaking of the Civil Wars...how good is this song?

2 comments:

maude said...

your little brother is so cute!! i really appreciate your nerdy blog header...and your photographs are amazingggg keep it up, laney-poop.

xoxo
allison konkie.


ps my 'word verification' is 'aness'..just read it aloud.

Allison said...

I love this.
I wish it wasn't so dang expensive to come see you...I'm trying to get there soon...