Saturday, April 02, 2011

Eastern Market

Jared and I ventured to Eastern Market for the first time a couple weeks ago. Spring was just beginning and everyone in the District knew it and was taking full advantage. It was the nicest day out...a little crisp in the shade and so nice and warm in the sun. I even took off my sweater for a while as we walked through the city. I think that was the first time my arms have seen the light of day since October!  But anyway, we stumbled upon Eastern Market, and I must say that it may be my new favorite thing to do in DC. It's kind of like the Swap Meet, but in the middle of a city and with an entire fresh farmers market. The sight of all those fresh local fruits and veggies was so mouthwatering. Don't they look yummy?!  People were selling all their arts and crafts (like purses and wallets made out of old books) as well as their homegrown produce and meats and dried fruit and nuts. Including this cute old lady whom we bought some yummy dried mango from. They also have a whole indoor market where you can order meals that you eat right then. Unfortunately Jared and I had just eaten breakfast...but we'll have to go back soon to eat some lunch!  I look forward to many more trips to Eastern Market!

1 comment:

Chelsea Maureen said...

This looks fabulous!! I'd totally go here every weekend. :)